Summer grilling is easy with this easy-to-put-together BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs recipe with chicken, peppers, bacon, and pineapple!
Envision a platter of this very easy recipe coming off the grill: BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs, made with your favorite barbecue sauce! For summer, serve these kebabs with this Bacon Corn Salad and Italian Salad Board. Dessert? Try this Fruit Pizza Dessert.
BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs
Kebabs remind me of growing up in southern Oregon, and warm nights where my dad would grill chicken kebabs that my mom would make for the family. They usually involved chicken, peppers, and onions. For this recipe today we added bacon and pineapple.
Z Grills 700D3
This recipe doesn’t take long to put together, and you can use your favorite barbecue sauce. We grilled this lovely recipe on our new Z Grills Grill that we have thoroughly been enjoying this summer.
Z Grills bring easy, mouthwatering BBQ to your backyard with 100% all-natural hardwood fuel. It’s powerful and easy to assemble and use, making wood-fired flavor a push button away. It cooks with temperature from 180 to 450 °F.
We love the size of our (fits our back patio really well) and we’re looking forward to using the heating blanket into this fall and winter.
We love our new grill!
Ingredients for BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs
Let’s get started with these easy ingredients.
- Chicken breasts: I try to tenderize it first. We love this TOOL (link)
- Favorite BBQ sauce: We used Savory Spice’s Sweet Jerk (small batch BBQ sauce from Bend, OR).
- Thick cut bacon: Folds much easier.
- Bell peppers: Use red or a mix of color, and cut into large chunks (squares).
- Fresh pineapple: You can buy a whole pineapple or already cut (large chunks).
I envision a platter of at least twelve of these kebabs, all lined up! Pretty!
How do you make BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs?
Combine chicken pieces with one cup of the BBQ sauce and marinate for two to three hours. (This step can be omitted if you’re pressed for time!)
Microwave bacon for two to five minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon. Let it cool slightly.
Using wood skewers, thread chicken, bacon pieces, peppers and pineapple, and then repeat. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold bacon pieces over in half loosely, and arrange next to the chicken. The bacon will expand more as it cooks, so don’t over-pack.
Grill the kebabs
Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 160 degrees F. Spread remaining BBQ sauce on kabobs when they’re nearly cooked.
Remove from grill and cover loosely with foil and allow to sit for five to ten minutes before serving. Lay out on a large plate and serve with grilled veggies!
Tips and substitutions:
- Cook the bacon in microwave for a few minutes, but not done all the way. This makes it easy to fold over, and then it will continue cooking on the grill.
- If using wooden skewers, we spray them first with cooking spray. You can also use metal skewers.
- Feel free to add in red onion.
- Make ahead if serving a large party. This makes entertaining very easy!
- Drizzle the cooked platter with more sauce, or serve more sauce on the side.
- Plate on a large plate and serve with grilled veggies!
When I think about good summer food, my trip (in my mind) down memory lane features my mom’s potato salad, grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and watermelon. Oh, and always the best Old Fashioned Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
We served these kebabs on the big board the other night for a delicious summer dinner. Grab the BIG BOARD details (love this 12×36″ board?), HERE.
More kebab recipes:
Mini Tortellini Kebabs Charcuterie Board
Spicy Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Get the Recipe:
BBQ Chicken Bacon Kebabs
Makes about 12 kebabs
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2″ – 2″ chunks, salted lightly
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1-2 bell peppers cut in squares
- 1 lb bacon cut into 1″- 1 1/2” pieces, use THICK cut bacon
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into 2″ chunks
- Combine chicken pieces with 1 cup or so of the BBQ sauce and marinate for 2-3 hours. (This step can skipped if you don’t have time!)
- Microwave bacon for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon. Let it cool slightly.
- Using wood skewers, thread chicken, bacon pieces, peppers, and pineapple, and then repeat. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold bacon pieces over in half loosely and arrange next to the chicken. The bacon will expand more as it cooks, so don’t over-pack.
- Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 160 degrees F.
- Optional to spread remaining BBQ sauce on kebabs when they’re almost cooked, or drizzle over the platter when ready to serve.
- Remove from grill and cover loosely with foil and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Z Grills provided our grill, but did not pay us for this post. All opinions are our own!