Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 23 minutes
- 2 x 600g Baby snapper, gutted and cleaned
- 1tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ Bunch thyme
- 2 Lemons, slices and wedges
- 350ml Audrey Wilkinson Semillon
- Murray River pink salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the BBQ to high heat with the hood down.
- Place the snappers on a chopping board and score the skin twice on each side with a sharp paring knife.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the cumin seeds with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then combine with chilli, thyme, lemon slices, garlic and bay leaves.
- Layout 2 sheets of double-layered foil, place pieces of baking paper on the foil, and then place the fish on the paper. Rub the fish with the rub mix on each side and fill the cavity with the lemon and thyme, pour 175ml of wine over each fish, and then wrapped the fish tightly in the foil.
- Open BBQ hood, and turn BBQ to medium heat; place the foil wrapped snapper BBQ grill and cook for 10 minutes then turn over, cook for another 5 minutes, once cooked remove from the BBQ, and rest for 8 minutes before unwrapping the foil, serve with lemon wedges.