Give your Salmon that smoked taste when you BBQ it on a Cedar Plank, marinade it in a honey mustard glaze to add sweetness and BBQ it to perfection.
- 1 large cedar plank
- 4 180g Salmon filets, skin-on, bones removed
- 1/4 cup Maille Honey Mustard
- 1 tbsp Maille Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 1Orange, sliced into rounds
- 2 Bunches asparagus, blanched
- 1 Bunch watercress washed and picked
- 250g Mixed sugar snap peas, snow peas, baby green beans, blanched
- ¼ Bunch mint leaves picked
- 2 Oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- 2 tbsp Cème Fraiche or sour cream
- ¼ Bunch chives
- 2 tbsp Maille Grain Mustard
- Murray River pink salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat BBQ on high for 15 minutes
- Soak wood plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- For the glaze, combine honey mustard, grain mustard, brown sugar, orange zest and juice. Brush ½ of the glaze over the salmon fillets.
- To prepare the plank, place the soaked plank on BBQ grill for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear, then remove from BBQ grill.
- To cook the salmon, place salmon skin-side down on the heated side of the plank, and top with orange slices. Place plank in the centre of the BBQ grill with off the centre burner off, the side burners on low, and the hood down, then cook for 6 to 10 minutes or to your desired doneness. (check the plank occasionally to make sure the edges of the plank don’t ignite) Brush with the reserved mustard glaze during cooking.
- For the salad dressing, combine crème Fraiche, with chives,1 tbsp grain mustard add a little of the reserved orange juice and olive oil until you have a loose dressing, season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad, in a frying pan warm olive oil, a little of the reserved orange juice, and 1 tbsp grain mustard add blanched vegetable, remove for heat and toss gently, set aside to cool slightly, once cooled add mint leaves, orange segments and watercress, toss gently and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place salad on a serving dish dot with the crème fraiche dressing.