- 1 lb Pork Chorizo
- 10 oz Rotel Original
- 10 oz Rotel Chipotle
- 16 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese, cubed
- 2 lbs Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 10 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tbs Big Swede BBQ Badass Beef Boost
- 1 Tbs Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 3/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Set up your smoker or grill to 350°F or 177°C. If using wood or pellets, use oak wood.
- Heat up a big cast iron pan in the smoker and when hot, add the chorizo. Brown for about 10 minutes. Remove the cast iron from the smoker and drain any excess chorizo fat.
- Add the 2 cans of Rotel to the pan. Substitute any of the cans with your own personal favorite to make your own flavor profile.
- Add the cubed gouda and velveeta cheese to the pan. Also add cream of mushroom soup. Season with the Big Swede BBQ Badass Beef Boost or your favorite BBQ rub. Last, add a spoonful of sauce from a can of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. This will give a great heat but also a wonderful smoky flavor to the queso.
- Place the cast iron pan, uncovered, in your smoker for 45 minutes. Stir thoroughly every 10 minutes to ensure that the queso doesn’t burn.
- Finely chop the cilantro and add to the pan as well. Cook for another 5-10 minutes
- When ready, remove from smoker and serve immediately with tortilla chips. You can also garnish the queso with diced tomatoes and some cilantro