Solo Stove ‘Pi’ Smoky Pumpkin Pie
- Active Prep: 15 minutes
- Grill Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie – Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (either dark or light)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 homemade gluten-free pie crust
Oven: Position rack to lower third of oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
The Filling: Beat the eggs in large bowl. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, molasses, salt cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange zest. Mix to combine with a hand-held mixer.
Mix in the pumpkin puree and stir in the cream. Beat together until the ingredients are well combined. Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust.
Baking: Bake in the oven in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 350°F for 40 – 50 minutes. The pie is done when the center barely jiggles. The pie will appear puffed when it comes out of the oven but will deflate as it cools.
Note: Cooking times will vary depending on the size of pie plate. A deeper dish pie plate will need additional cooking time.