Often served on toothpicks in tapas bars (the number of toothpicks will determine your bill), these quartered button or cremini mushrooms are grilled in a closed foil packet with garlic, sherry, smoky Spanish paprika, and butter, and finished with chives and fresh lemon juice.
Tapas Bar-Style Mushrooms
- Grill Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Method: Direct grilling using Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- 1 pound button or cremini mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean, and quartered
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced or minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón)
- 1/4 cup Spanish sherry or white wine
- Coarse salt (sea or kosher)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 fresh lemon, quartered lengthwise, for squeezing
You’ll also need:
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
1: Set up your grill for direct grilling and heat to medium-high.
2: In a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms, garlic, butter, red pepper flakes, paprika, and sherry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3: Tear off a 12- by 15-inch piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil. Place it dull side up (non-stick side) on your workspace. Arrange the mushrooms in the center in a single layer. Bring the long edges of the foil together. Fold twice. Next, fold the short edges twice to completely enclose the mushrooms.
4: Arrange the packet on the grill grate and grill until the mushrooms are tender, turning once or twice, 20 to 25 minutes. Carefully open the packet and sprinkle with the chives. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.